Monday, December 13, 2010

Finals Week

Finals week at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York is a lot different than finals week at Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel.

Here is a comparison:
Weather: cold+snowy vs. hot+sunny
Company: stressed out college students vs. Mama, MB, B, and Nativ friends
Stress level: moderate to high vs. low
Number of finals: 3 vs. 2
Content of finals: biology, human development, nutrition vs. art history of Israel, society and politics of Israel
Perceived/predicted difficulty of finals: very difficult vs. not very difficult
Consequences: affect my GPA that will get me into medical school that will allow me to pursue my career dream vs. no consequences besides personal pride
Weekend before finals week: Shabbat, study study study and dorm formal vs. weekend at Kibbutz Saad

I don't want to take final exams. They are annoying.
On the bright side, Shabbat this week was lovely lovely as always and I am now on Hillel board!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for completing semester one! And you did a great job, at a truly tough, competitive school. Love you!

    ReplyDelete