Monday, January 4, 2010

II רק פה

I have an awkward amount of time before my last final so I thought I'd unwind with a lil Rak Po action, since it was so popular the first time. I can't take myself seriously and write "rak po" every time though, so understand that it's implied.

I had the most ethereal Friday afternoon and evening on Kibbutz Sa'ad, and then the windows shook while the Israeli Air Force was bombing Gaza while we were falling asleep.

Apparently Israelis don't use route names or update their maps. Directions are based off junctions, traffic circles, and the general ישר ישר, ושמולה idea.

When you are standing at the entrance to Kibbutz Sa'ad looking at Gaza, you can tell which land is Israeli and which is Palestinian because the Palestinians lights are white and the Israeli lights are yellow.

There is a sign in the Rothberg International School Library that reads:"Dear readers,
Please stay away from this part of the library unless you are looking for a book on the shelves. We are waiting for the cat to come out."

New Year's is called "Sylvester." What??

The sidewalk is often the only accepted area for parking.

People are either the nicest or the meanest you've ever met. Example: Debbie's begging experience.

A huge demonstration or protest right outside my window no longer phases me.

Perhaps I will add to this later if I am so inspired. Mother, MB, and B are in Haifa now, and I am in my last three hours of school! Things are really getting terribly exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment