Monday, May 24, 2010

Culture Shock

I slept for 10 hours after Stasia moved my seat next to her and away from all the weird Habonim (other gap year program, communist) people and gave me a teddy bear. The flight was comfortable, at least the part that I was awake for, and we landed around 6am. Bags came, people started leaving for connecting flights, Mimi ushered me hastily out of the terminal because Grandpa was circling instead of parking. I didn't have the energy to cry again, which was a miracle, because being deeply sad at that moment is not something I could have easily handled.

I had a nice chill day that included food I like, a little nap, finishing The Reader, doing some errands with Mimi and Grandpa, getting the second Wicked book, doing a little shopping, facebooking A LOT, and getting organized.

Here is a sample conversation of my interactions with Mimi. This is a true story about me trying to find a new book to read. She recommended a book by the same author as The Devil Wears Prada:
Me: Mimi, I don't think this is what I'm looking for.
Mimi: Yes it is.

Okay, you must be right. I can't believe how incorrectly I interpreted my own thoughts and desires. Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment