Thursday, May 20, 2010

Firsts and Lasts

First: leaving a community forever, not for 9 months or a semester or whatever. I left Yerucham forever.

Last: night with my roomies, Adina and Rachel. We had pillow talk, lap top time, a bit of reading time, and then we slept in our birthday suits because it was just too damn hot out, and we could.

First: Alli from Bus D 2007 visited me in Israel!!! Sad but true, my first friend to visit me here all by herself! We got drinks, hung out with my friends, and walked around. Perfect.

Last: 3 shekel ice cream at McDonalds on Shammai St.

First: staying up all night to study on Shavuot and then praying at daybreak at the Western Wall/Robinson's Arch (so that there was no mechitza). Rachel read Ruth! It was glorious, but freezing and a little boring when Rachel wasn't reading Ruth, so I didn't stay for the Haftarah. Also, Shavuot night, Meir and I studied the creation story by ourselves (I provided the feminist viewpoint, shout out to Elizabeth Cady Stanton) and then everyone on Nativ went to a few Nativer-led study sessions in the middle of the night!

Last: walk home from the Old City

First: time I played Wiffle ball!!!! I was a major success, everyone agreed and Josh G even said I had "great hits"!!!! Wow! My team lost, unfortunately, which disappointed me greatly. Good game, boys.

Last: beer pong at Herzl. But for real this time. I didn't play beer pong as usual, but I did dance my tuchus off with everyone!!

First: program that required no speaking, only 3 hours of straight writing and reflecting on the year.

Last: Nativ-paid for t-shirts. They are funny!

First: shower I've taken in a while.

More to come later!!! Life is flying by! I don't know whether I want the misery of this thing ending to drag on anymore...I just want to be home and moping already!!!! (A word on that though: I have been fairly unmiserable, allowing myself only about 45 minutes of despondency per day the past three days. Other than that, I am LIVING IT UP IN JERUSALEM!)

1 comment: