Thursday, September 22, 2011

Riding the Struggle Bus

This morning I woke up with a start at 7:35am, which appeared in my mind as 8:35am. I got dressed in a huff, checked my email before I ran out the door, and noticed that my morning alarm had just started to beep. At this point, I was not an hour late, but an hour early.

I attempted to go back to sleep for a half hour and failed, probably due to trying to maintain my hair and make up, which I'd already done. Now I have an extra half hour in my day so I decided to blog about my other struggles.

First of all, let me say that this whole 9am class thing is not ideal. I did it last semester too, and said I never would again. I am just bad at waking up. The good news is that my first class is physics and the professor is beyond adorable and has a great Swedish accent, so that's okay.

Second of all, I do not really understand the electron orbital stuff we're doing in chem right now and I need Juhi to teach me. This girl literally stands at the Struggle Bus Stop every day and picks me up after school. What would I do without her!

Third of all, I have about 80,000 emails I need to send for my responsibilities as an RA, on Hillel board, and trying to find a research position. Sending one email is nothing, but the daunting task of sending 80,000 just seems like it will take forever and I am putting it off. BUT NOT TONIGHT! Tonight, I message!

Fourth, my ear is still plugged. I don't know if this is something I am just going to have to learn to live with or not, but it is a little annoying to always have your left ear popping in and out and then returning to a plugged state. Hmph.

Fifth, the Palestinian Authority is unilaterally declaring statehood at the UN tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I just want peace.

Sixth, I dreamt about my kitties last night and I MISS them ever so much. I know it isn't realistic for me to think that I could care for animals while at college, but I so wish that I could keep some kitties in my room. (Now that I think of it, I also dreamt that I went to a tzniut dress shop and a video rental store, I visited my mom's old dorm at UB, and the elevator flipped onto its side halfway through the ride and began to go sideways as part of its route. Hmmmmm)

Seventh, I forgot to stock up and now I am left without a hun-cal Chewy bar for my breakfast.



Sit with me on the Sruggle Bus?

No comments:

Post a Comment