Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tomorrow I

am heading back to Cornell University for RA training. I cannot believe that the summer of dreams has come to an end. I also can't believe that I managed to unpack from sophomore year and pack for junior year in the last three days. (I didn't want to unpack when I first got home because I missed school and unpacking means you are here to stay; I didn't want to pack earlier because I was enjoying home so much and packing means you are leaving again).

My last day consisted of breakfast on the porch (we have a bistro set!) with Mama, errands, a little babysitting, a little Real Housewives of NJ, dinner with Daddy, and a run around the neighborhood. I spent my last night with a delightful group of friends from high school. We watched the gymnastics competition, played with a puppy, and went to the Otter Lodge. It was a most fitting end to my summer at home.

I will miss so many things. But so that I don't feel badly about leaving, I will list three things that I won't miss:

1. air conditioning
2. being confronted with all the clothing items I have refused to throw out over the years despite their lack of fit or style
3. meeting people outside the college age range at bars

No comments:

Post a Comment