Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Health Care for All!!! And other reasons to celebrate

1. Health care for all in America!!!! That is a good thing!
2. I went on a run with LeeAnn yesterday and we found a MINI MASADA IN YERUCHAM!! Complete with ruins, archways, ovens (we think), and a mikvah!
3. The weather here is FANTASTIC!
4. I love my friends, and we are going to go on a hike together over Pesach!
5. Even though Adina wasn't with us for our amazing apartment dinner last Thursday, she made me really happy and did something to support me that I don't quite remember but I remember it was important.
6. Meir visited Yerucham and Ari was here visiting Rachel at the same time and both boys came to the apartment dinner that I COOKED with Ilana and it was delicious and we all dressed in costumes beginning with the letter P.
7. We went to a MASA Shabbat program in Jerusalem and learned lots of things and an Israeli Arab came to talk to us. He was a very charming young man and gave me hope for the peace process!! It begins with the people, not the politicians!!
8. I finished my book, Beaufort, the best book ever! And then I loaned it to Meir, who is reading it too!
9. I treated myself to two new songs by the Weepies! And I heard Rihanna's new song for the first time, RUDE BOY! And now I'm obsessed and I am euphoric whenever I hear it.
10. I worked at the soup kitchen in Dimona the last two days and I fed poor people and peeled lots of carrots!
11. I went to my host family tonight for dinner and a Hebrew lesson and reading with the five year old girl who is the cutest thing born to two humans on this planet and I am in love with my family! They are so nice to me and they make me so comfortable. Aliza taught me to make a cabbage salad by chopping the cabbage and adding vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and garlic powder and it's so delish!!!!! They also let me borrow a sleeping bag for Pesach!

Wow, life is great.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this post put a huge smile on my face - life is certainly great. Love, mama

    ReplyDelete