Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To Make a Long Story Short


As per the request of Adina T. A., my life in a few words:

Thursday after teaching a Miley Cyrus song at school (complete with dance moves), I bussed to Kibbutz, got a ride to the caravans, toured the lool and refet and fields with Meir, and nearly died from the smell and inhumane treatment of turkeys.

Friday morning we bummed a taxi ride off of his kibbutz host family who sends a disabled child to school in Jerusalem every morning. It would have been great but Meir got sick when we were almost there. Failboat.

I accomplished my goals in Jerusalem of buying cheap sandals (very cute!) and getting kosher Burger King. Two additional success stories include buying hummus for the first time at a supermarket in Talpiyot and navigating solo to said supermarket.

For the second week in a row, I experienced the enormous hospitality of people in Israel. We crashed at a friend's apartment for the afternoon, showered, read, slept, and then we went to another friend's for dinner and to sleep.

I fell in love with three small children where we were staying for Shabbat. I even snuggled with the girl before we fell asleep and it was almost like having a cat in the bed, only it was a child.

Shabbat was a pleasant mix of reading, eating, sleeping, bell's palsy, friends, settling, walking, and delicious weather.

A wonderful surprise in the form of my two favorite Wheel's staff members arrived at the apartment motzei Shabbat and there was an incredibly agreeable assortment of humans around me.

I reunited with my 'cham chaverim at the bus stop for the midnight direct. It was a dream, literally, and I woke up when Jesse patted me on the back to tell me we were home.

My first class on Sunday is actually a cleverly disguised wormhole that leads to Hell.

My run on Monday was the opposite: an incredible sensory experience and a feeling of awareness and inner peace that I firmly believes one can only find on the outskirts of a desert town with a population of 9,500 people.

My team lost the fire building competition on Monday night but I learned new constellations so it evened out.

Today we went to Tel Aviv and cleaned up a river bank and ate in a beachside cafe and it was the most welcome change of scenery-not because I don't love Yerucham, I just love environmental stimuli more.

I want presents and mail and letters and facebook notifications. Is that bad?

1 comment:

  1. bell's palsy? And, re: presents and letters and mail and fb notifications - it's a 2 way street!(also very expensive to send stuff, but I will send something soon) That is some picture of the turkeys. What kind of sick was Meir? Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete