Friday, November 12, 2010

The Best of All Possible Worlds

1. Goldstone: he came to talk at the law school. I was ready for a fight (think pro-wrestler before going out to the ring, oiled up and spun up) and the person who introduced him mentioned the Goldstone Report about war crimes in Israel during Operation Cast Lead. Then Goldstone spoke. He mentioned every other country in the world except for Israel. He mentioned every other possible location of war crimes except for Israel. His topic was rather boring to me, which was fine. He was an incredibly smart speaker though, he had a great South Africa accent, subtle humor, he knew the name of the room in the law school we were in, and he seamlessly incorporated the quote on the wall behind him (The law must be stable and yet it can not stand still). Dayum, Goldstone.

2. Shabbat on North Campus: lots of freshmen turned out for Shabbat on North. I led services in RPCC for seven people, and I am happy to announce that they were my best friends. Thanks for having my back, best friends! I ate with Amanda, Rachel, and Gil, thankfully, in High Rise Five. The dinner was rather awk sauce but I got to spend it with the three aforementioned characters so it was pretty fun. Then we listened to Nothing But Treble, an all girls a cappella group, and they were pretty good. Then I got an inspiration to go running so I went running and Eli joined me on his way back to the Jewish Living Center and it was pretty funny because he was still in his Shabbat clothes and shoes and all that. We were a sight.

3. Babysitting: it was a great day to babysit L on Saturday! She was in a great mood for most of the time and when she got tired, instead of pooping out and being a meanie in her bed, we just calmly sat and did a puzzle. Working with bi-polar disorder is quite the ride!

4. Bus Tickets: miserable. I asked for an address and the stupid barista gave me a phone number. Thanks. Then an older man saw that I was having trouble and he pointed me on the right bus and told me when to get off. Then I purchased tickets at the bus station! Then I walked back to where my bus picked me up to bring me to Cornell. I wasted two hours, packed my bags, and I was off on my trip to...

5. BINGHAMTON!!!! so amazing. The drive itself was quite something; the bus drove through a series of poor and then poorer towns. The sun was just setting over the wintery, but still snowless, landscape. I arrived and Rachel picked me up and it was THE BEST THING EVER. We ate dinner with Nativers and it was joyous. We skyped with Adina and Debbie and it was so sad because I missed them but in a way almost like we were all hanging out again. Then we got ready to go out. This involved taking a bus to downtown, walking from downtown for many miles to the frat party, dancing by ourselves in the dance room with the dj, leaving the frat party, walking many miles to the next frat party where Michael had just been inducted as a brother, chilling at the frat party, running into my childhood friend Gabby, running into Bowtie, a brother I had met a week or so before at the Cornell chapter of AEPi, dancing like it was my birthday at Fusion, then cabbing it to the bars, questionably entering the bars and dancing there, then taking another cab home. Wow!

6. Nature Preserve: In the morning, we skyped with Elkana. I cried. Then we took Ilana to the bus station and said good bye to her. Then we walked for an hour or two in the nature preserve and it was pretty and calming and so nice to just be chilling with Rachel again. I've missed it.

7. I went home on the bus after it was delayed for over an hour. I slept for some of the way and listened to the Black Eyed Peas the rest of the way so I wouldn't be groggy when we arrived home at Cornell. Then it was time for Ballroom Dancing and we worked on the RHUMBA! Ooh la la. Then I tried to do work and failed.

8. Dinner Parties: TO BE CONTINUED!

No comments:

Post a Comment