Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Blogworthy

Today, as I was walking home from the library, I saw a person riding a bike while trying to roll another bike next to it. The person was having a great deal of difficulty and it was posing problems for passersby. I decided it would be fun to ride on the bike.

"Hello! HELLO! Hey, person riding the bike!"
(person turns around)
"Do you want help? I can ride the other one."
"Okay."
"Where are you going?"
"Baker"
"Okay."

And so I mounted the person's bike. We actually switched because he said the one he was riding was easier to ride. I don't think Andrew reads my blogs but he knows especially well that I have issues with bikes. The "easier" bike was rather short and I was a bit wobbly and swervy. It all ended up all right though, and I found out a little bit about why the person had two bikes. He was bringing it to meet his girlfriend because she didn't want to walk to get it. Meir, take note!

Anyway, that is how I rode a bike today, and made a new friend. He was nice.

Analysis: I'm young, invincible, and in college. I don't make the usual bad decisions of my peer group (drugs, alcohol, rampant sexual activity, staying up too late, illegal downloading) so it's nice to get a thrill from being friendly to strangers in mostly safe situations. Just adds a little kick to my day.

Goal: make blogworthy things happen in my life on a daily basis
Secondary goal: if blogworthy things aren't happening, have the humor/wit/intellect to analyze mundane things in a way that would make them blogworthy (I think Seinfeld has already monopolized on this phenomenon...I will just continue what's been started)

Off I go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment