Monday, July 16, 2012

This morning I

missed Israel more than words can express. I saw a photo on my Facebook newsfeed of some people's glowing faces in the unmistakable Israel light. It triggered a flood of memories and feelings of my beloved country.

The only consolation I can find is that every day of my life is another day closer to my next visit.

Whenever I feel like this, I have the same argument with myself over and over. "If you love it so much, why don't you make plans to live there one day?" "How could you leave your family and everything you have built here in America?" Nothing about it is simple.

For now, I will continue making plans to visit on a somewhat regular basis, depending on my finances or perhaps staffing jobs (Taglit, I'm coming for you!), and I will try to keep my Hebrew from slipping away too much.

And as long as I cannot be in Israel, I will keep Israel in me, in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment