Sunday, July 29, 2012

This weekend I

experienced the best of Rochester, NY.

Rochester is an undervalued city, but not by me. If you've ever had a conversation with me, I have probably tried to convince you of all Rochester's merits: great art culture, lots of available free parking, general accessibility from place to place, nice people, attractive neighborhoods and parks, etc. I like to say that Rochester has all the things that great cities have, just smaller and less expensive (museums, shows, concerts, sports, historical landmarks).

Often, Rochester is accused of not having a vibrant nightlife scene, not having young attractive single people, and not having a beach.

Well, this weekend proved all of that wrong. I went out with large groups each night, filled to the brim with young attractive single people. We hit up some nice bars on Park Ave on Friday, and then the East End on Saturday. The populace was friendly and spirited! I have no complaints about the Rochester night scene--on the contrary, I have only good things to say. Costs are reasonable, lines never get too long, and there are lots of cool places to choose from!

Earlier today, I debunked another anti-Rochester legend: no beach. Well there is no ocean, that's true, but there is certainly a beautiful beach along Lake Ontario! I met my girlfriends at Durand Eastman Park and we hung out in the sand and in the water. There was a festive atmosphere and many good looking lifeguards. And no sharks. What more could a girl want?


No comments:

Post a Comment