Monday, September 21, 2009

I See The God In You

The trials of living together continue-last night my sweet Becca, the fellow top bunk mate across the room, came home feeling sick and continued to feel that way all night. Shara and Tali were freaked out and vacated for the evening, so I did my best to take care of Becca. There is only so much you can do though, at these points in life, and I just tried to love her because I did not have the means to cure her physically. The whole time I was just thinking of the kindnesses she showed me when I was sick and it made me want to do everything I could to help her!

Ulpan took a long time today, and I was tired because I was up playing nurse. I napped during our break, but it was overall a successful class. Then I had a lovely dairy date with Shara and we had croissants and salads with the kitties playing at our feet. Then Jerusalem Class...it focused on Islam today and it was, if I may so opine, a rather controversial and biased lecture. I was not pleased with the slant and direction of the information. We visited the Tower of David along the Old City Walls and we went inside a mosque/museum which was pretty cool.

I had a super fun afternoon playing with friends and snacking on my Cini Minis. I walked to Mamilla with Miri and Shara and we went into all these really cool expensive stores and then the best thing happened! There was a big circle of people dancing to Ad Lo Ahavti Di-an Israeli dance I know from home at the JCC on Sunday nights!! I joined them and did another one with them that I knew as well. My friends were amused and I had a great time. This is just one of ten thousand reasons why I wanted to come here; there is literally dancing in the streets! And everyone is so welcoming.

I ended the evening studying in Ariella's room, and she wasn't feeling that well either. We were both doing our own thing, but just being with her was a great feeling. This brings me to the title of this post, which is also the title of one of my favorite India.Arie songs (check it out!). I feel like I see the shard of God in people so easily here, and everyone is just so loving and spiritual, and we are all so happy together. Even though I really missed home on Rosh Hashana, I feel like I have a home here and a family on Nativ. God just oozes out of every crack here. You should try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment