Friday, October 9, 2009

Change In Plans

Yesterday I woke up late and planned to go to the Biblical Zoo with Rachel. We were really excited for our date because we both love animals and zoos and bibles and we miss our pets so much! And so we set off after lunch to find the zoo, specifically the bus to the zoo. We were intercepted by Meir who was running to the blood drive, and it seemed like the right thing to do at the time, so we turned around and headed to the King David Hotel to donate.

Blog secret: It had been less than 56 days since I last gave blood! But it wasn't the Red Cross, so they didn't have computer records, so I was able to sneak in! A lot of Nativers were there and we helped each other through the nerves (I am a veteran donor so I did a lot of the comforting) and we filled out a form in Hebrew, which is probably illegal because the translation form didn't match up to the real form in a few places, and we got pricked and interviewed about our prostitution practices, and then we waited for a long time.

The giving blood process went really quickly for me and it was nice to have my bffls around. Afterward, since we were the last people to go, all of the cookies were gone! This really upset me, and I was reasonably worried that I would not be able to walk home if I didn't eat anything. I went out to the restaurant kitchen at the hotel and I asked a random waiter to bring me a piece of bread or something because I had just donated blood, and he said to wait here for ten minutes. He came back within that time frame with a platter of chicken, french fries, and salad!!! I shared with my friends and left a bilingual thank you note. It left us all with such a great feeling! I love it when people pay it forward. Beautiful.

We came back and hung out until dinner, and then there was mayhem in the hallways as usual because we are teenagers living in a confined space, and then we got dressed up for party night! The plan for the night was to watch beer pong in the park, go to an apartment house party of a mutual friend, and we tried both of those things but they were both sketchy and lame, so we ended up outside a bar as usual. I went into the bar only because my girlfriends were on top of it, and if you've been following me for the last three weeks, you know that I am Coyote Ugly in the flesh. I danced for about 4 songs, long enough to get out the ants in my pants, short enough not to faint from strenuous activity (see aforementioned blood donation), and also not long enough to get too heavily creeped on.

We walked back through the park as a group and I sat in the halls with Debbie for a long time celebrating our lives.

Today I woke up late, ate a decent lunch (notable improvement!) at Agron, and chilled out at home. It's been a good day and I just showered and I feel so ready for Shabbat and Simchat Torah! Chag sameach!

1 comment:

  1. Now I understand the caption on your photo about generous Israeli waiters! How nice!!!

    ReplyDelete