Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Like the Salad Bar Tender

Yesterday was a fun but uneventful day because we didn't have class. I woke up for prayers and breakfast and went back to bed until lunch. After lunch, Razie and I made up a dance combination to Temptation, a Farsi song by Arash. It is so much fun, and we are going to perform it with the rest of The Down To Dance Team (TDTDT) at the NBA!!!

Before dinner, we had a group program on drugs and alcohol. It could have been more effective, and a lot of kids ended up just mocking it or interjecting their own opinions so much that we didn't really learn that much, besides what other Nativers think about drugs and alcohol. The message was important though, I'll admit that.

I really don't think I did much else of importance yesterday, but I remember being in a really good mood, probably because Adina lives next door to me and Ayelet called me on skype and so did Chelsea and Moss and all my friends are so amazing!

This morning we had a little extra time to sleep, then we prayed, then we breakfasted, and then we went to school. We passed a road sign that said "NO RIGTH TURNS." I really want Israel pay me to proofread this country.

Freshman Writing was less awful today because I got to get most of my homework done in class and I am going to research the Oslo Accords. Also because Brian rubs my back when I get worked up about something that makes it sound like we're actually in middle school and not 18 years old.

Dairy Date stressed me out like whoa today because there was a huge group of students who were super aggressive and smelly and they kept budging me in the salad line!! The problem also was that there was a different salad bartender than the one who always waits on me, because that one was working the cash register. I made eye contact with him at some point and he ended up taking a break from what he was doing to serve me!! We are actually best friends and he knows exactly how I like my salad and he thinks I'm funny. We've actually never talked about anything but salad but I feel like it's the beginning of a beautiful romance.
I calmed down from the salad bar ordeal with my girlfriends and we all had our dairy. I got my reader (it was going to take three hours but I whined and he gave it to me right away!). I took the city bus home with Aaron and Asaf and it was an adventure as always. Then it was time for homework, and I was such a good little student and I finished it right after school!

At 3pm, TDTDT had its first official practice! It was a huge success and we had a group of about seven amazing girls and we all worked so well together and we were so happy. Oh, I love life!!

Now I am letting my sweat evaporate on the second story balcony with my homies and listening to rap music while blogging. Things could only be better if I was showering. Otherwise, I have never been so content.

1 comment:

  1. You have such a way with words - never thought of it as a salad "bartender" before!

    ReplyDelete