Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Days Off Are Like Presents

Days off are like presents because you can spend them however you like and they just make you feel great. Today I woke up around 11, bummed around, put on a dress (Shara did too!) and made myself really pretty (after being in a desert for three days without a mirror, it felt really nice), went to lunch with my girlfriends at a sushi place (I don't like sushi...or Japanese food, but I do like Coke from glass bottles, and I found some chicken that was reasonably agreeable), bummed around some more, facebooked, and then I found Razie and we planned The Down To Dance Team!! The dance is going to be amazing and we are going to make all the Nativ Basketball Association ballers crazy!

After this dancing extravaganza, I ate dinner at Agron which was a nice surprise because apparently there is a new chef here! Then I went to the edge of the Old City with Seffi to stake out a place to eavesdrop on the Matisyahu concert, and then more friends from Nativ came to join us. We sat on a very steep hill with American boys smoking hookah, and we could see the stage and hear the music really well. It started to get cold though, and we had been sitting there for a long long time, and so we headed back home the long way. Matisyahu didn't play any of the (3) songs that I know, so I enjoyed the concert but it wasn't a particularly spiritual experience.

Moral of this story: days off are really great, but I get a lot more done when I wake up at 4:30 am instead of 11 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment