Thursday, October 15, 2009

TGIT

Thursdays are the new Fridays, so TGIT!!! We had our third (out of six total) Freshman Writing class today at Hebrew University. It was as miserable as the first two, but now at least I know what to expect, that it isn't crucial that I pay close attention, and that it's okay if Brian and I pass dirty and/or distasteful notes back and forth.

I had a dairy date with Stephanie and Arielle today (mixing it up!) and a reallyyyy cute kitty joined us. Then I went with Stephanie to scope out the gym on campus, because I had heard good things. It turned out to be a really far walk and very expensive, but now at least I feel informed. I still might pay to swim every once in a while. We got the bus home and I nodded off a bit on the ride.

Although I wanted nothing more than to continue my bus nap, I worked diligently for several hours (boys came in to distract me, and I did a crossword puzzle) on my homework, that isn't due until next Thursday! I was proud of myself and now I feel so free. The homework was to outline an article about the status of Judaism as a race, and it was fairly interesting although very repetitive. The article claimed that biological/genetic races do not exist at all, but that Judaism can be considered a socio-historical race based on shared history, culture, etc. The article also contradicted itself a bit too much for my liking, but overall a worthwhile read.

I loaded up on carbs at dinner because there was pizza and pasta and bread, and of course, no meal that I eat in Israel (literally, I do not go one meal without) is complete without cucumbers. Shara warned me not to work out right after dinner, but I ran anyway-my long route. It was a mistake. I felt sick for a good part of the way and it made it hard to focus. I did notice cool things though: I now have a favorite tree here in Israel (it may or may not be eucalyptus, I shall investigate. The point is that it's beautiful and majestic), I passed by a concert of sorts outside the Old City, and I saw a wig in a dumpster and it totally freaked me out. That kind of thing is mad creepy, don't you think?

After running and recovering, I showered and got ready for party night! My girlfriends started calling the going-out process a D-boat, because when we came to Israel on summer programs we all got super decked out for a disco boat ride. So I got appropriately dolled up for the D-boat (complete with black FMP's and red lipstick!!) and we took pictures and we walked through the park to the bars. The bars provided me with lots of delicious popcorn tonight, and I danced a lot too. Tonight was nothing crazy, but it suited my mood perfectly and I feel so happy going to sleep right now.

Lailah tov!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment