Monday, July 19, 2010

Hundredth Post!!!!

Shalom from Los Angeles, California!

Let us celebrate this 100th blog post with some fun information about Crater Lake, OR, Sacramento, San Francisco, and Castroville, CA!

Crater Lake: soooo beautiful! Perfectly clear water, old dormant volcanoes, gorgeous sunrise, cloudless sky, ten million mosquitoes per square foot. We called it the Mosquito Massacre. After bed check, staff went star gazing and saw the whole Milky Way. Jake and I saw a shooting star and I wouldn't have believe it but we reacted the same way at the same time. It was biblical!

Sacramento: We did laundry at an air conditioned laundromat with several flat screen tvs playing bad movies, and I got a lot of work done. After the kids went to bed, my friend Shelby from Pilgrimage came to visit! She brought a bag of healthy snacks and we just talked for a few hours. It was great because I hate the feeling of saying good bye and thinking, I'll never see you again. So this was reassuring.

San Francisco: Beautiful Shabbat. The kids are getting the swing of things! I was impressed with the service leaders and Torah readers. The ruach songs almost moved me to tears again on Satuwrday night. Then we volunteered at the AIDS WALK!!! Most memorable day of the trip by far. I posed with pictures with drag queens and everyone was so inspired. I've never seen the kids so energized about anything! Then we went to Fisherman's Wharf and it was nice.

Now we are in LA! It is Tisha BAv so we are busy commemorating all the bad things that happened in Jewish history. Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. how did you know this was the 100th post?? And a good one it is, too :-)

    ReplyDelete