Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Weepies

Shalom from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma!

Another Shabbat has flown by. It was a great Shabbat, and I finally felt the kids come together as a group. When Shabbat ended, I discovered ten million things I have to do before I can go to Cornell and that took away my calm post-Shabbat feeling, but I am taking care of things.

I would like to share some lyrics by the Weepies that I feel are appropriate for this point in my life. The song is called "Can't Go Back Now" and it is a very beautiful melody that I don't believe is supposed to be depressing. I think it is a little wistful, but not sad. Listen and read for yourself:

Yesterday, when you were young,
Everything you needed done was done for you.
Now you do it on your own
But you find you're all alone,
What can you do?

You and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now.

You know there will be days when you're so tired that you can't take another step,
The night will have no stars and you'll think you've gone as far as you will ever get

But you and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now
And yeah, yeah, go where you want to go
Be what you want to be,
If you ever turn around, you'll see me.

I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else
But in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself


And you and me walk on
Yeah you and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now

No comments:

Post a Comment