Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Story of Oregon

Shalom from Portland, Oregon!

The Story of Oregon begins in Seattle. We went to an underground tour and we were informed (by a strung-out grungy tour guide man who was clearly high at 8:30 am and also clearly brilliant) all about the inner workings of 19th century drunken loggers and their syphilis-infested interactions with suicidal crack whores. It was a lot.

From the bowels of Seattle, we were off to the beautiful mountains of Oregon. We stopped at an Alpaca farm on the way to Portland which was a big hit all around and everyone from home who knows I am "scared" of dogs would have never guessed because there was a big fluffy doggy named Maggie and I was playing with her and we were having so much fun. I fed Alpacas and all the kids love love loved it.

Then we had a yummy dinner at the hotel and headed off to my very own personal heaven: Powell's City of Books, one city block squared worth of new and used books. I was overwhelmed at first and then settled into the Judaism/Israel section and found two great books. So happy!

Now we are having a staff meeting and since I'm not in charge of any meals and we're doing restocking orders, I have time to write this on a hotel pad, even though I really just want to shower, read my books, call Meir, and go to sleep on my broken sleep number bed in my room that reeks of smoke.

Laila tov!

1 comment:

  1. Honey, there was no crack in the 19th century. You read Freakonomics - it was invented in the 1980's. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete