Saturday, August 21, 2010

O-Week

Orientation is CRAAAAZY. These are things that are crazy:
1. Down time-how should I make the best use of this time? I need to meet people, figure things out with registration, set up my room, see my friends, explore campus, sign up for things...
2. Hall Meetings-there are 90 people on my floor. 3 RAs, and 6 floors in my building. We are supposed to learn about living in a "community" and how to be a "family" and how to avoid getting caught with "illegal" drugs in our rooms.
3. College information sessions-dean's welcome, advisor meetings, friendly suggestion panels-all these people telling you what to do in order to be successful and saying there are so many people to answer your questions and then leaving before you can get any questions answered.
4. Parties-last night I went into Collegetown (only a 25 walk from where I live, uphill both ways) and visited two houses associated with fraternities and saw some people I know and met a whole lot of new people. There is also a whole lot of free alcohol and it was hot and crowded and sweaty and loud. It was fun for a while and then I just wanted to be clean and have some personal space. I did meet one girl though who was extra super nice to me and she introduced me to a lot of people and we talked a lot. I really like her and I hope we are friends!
5. College Judaism-hundreds of people were at the Hillel dinner, everyone is Jewish, I met like six Israelis last night, everyone loves being Jewish, but no one keeps Shabbat. Me included, I guess. Still figuring that out.


1 comment:

  1. That guy I was sitting next to (Eli?) at Hillel dinner said there were people who kept Shabbat. He was going to their dinner after the Hillel dinner.

    ReplyDelete